The Tai Chi Union for Great Britain C.I.C. needs to hold data about members, suppliers, contractors and consultants.
The Data Controller is The Tai Chi Union for Great Britain C.I.C. registered in England and Wales at 5, Corunna Drive, Horsham, W. Sussex RH13 5HG (Company Number: 11249130) (hereafter referred to as TCUGB)
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Subject is the member (hereafter referred to as member/s)
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process information relating to members to enable us to carry out the provision of services provided by TCUGB; to maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our employees, and to promote the TCUGB’s role on behalf of members.
Under GDPR Regulations which came into force 25 May 2018 – Article 5, TCUGB agree to abide by the following principles as set out by the ICO (https://ico.org.uk/)
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency (TCUGB will only handle member’s details in a lawful manner and in order to provide services as set out by Constitution and membership services. In doing-so TCUGB will be clear, open and honest how they do this in relation to the member.)
- Purpose limitation (data is collected and processed for explicit, specified and legitimate reasons)
- Data minimisation (TCUGB has an active data-minimisation policy that is regularly reviewed)
- Accuracy (TCUGB endeavours to maintain accurate data. TCUGB will always work to reasonably rectify any errors or omissions in their data – within a 30 day limit of notification.)
- Storage limitation (TCUGB maintains an active Storage limitation process at all levels, with regular reviews. Member records will be held for up to 7 years.)
- Integrity and confidentiality (security): (TCUGB actively works to ensure the data it holds on behalf of members is secure and held in a confidential manner. All officers – whether administrative or Board members are fully aware of their security requirements and GDPR responsibilities.)
- Accountability (TCUGB actively recognises data protection by design and default, and as on ongoing process.)
Furthermore: TCUGB wishes to highlight to members:
- To access records
- To deletion of record
- To amend record, or restrict processing (e.g. change consent)
How to action this: For privacy/GDPR matters, please contact email@example.com (Terms: TCUGB, will review and action the Member’s request as given according to these terms, within 30 days of request.)
Although members have a ‘right to be forgotten’ this may affect membership provision.
See TCUGB rights below on – data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes
Right to service: TCUGB has a duty to maintain accurate records for administration purposes, provision of service is based on a minimal level of data retention and TCUGB retains its Rights in this matter.
Information Held on Data Subject: database includes information provided by the Member (name, address, email, website, training and educational record, references given). Members are assigned a unique membership number (identifier).
Website Data Retention: see technical data below
Trademark use – Registered Instructor members of the TCUGB of levels Senior, Advanced, Intermediate and Basic (all except Novice) are entitled to use the TCUGB Trademark to verify membership. Normal caveats apply – eg, the Trademark cannot be used in conjunction with unverifiable claims such as curing cancer. It cannot be used for commercial purposes such as the sale of items. Anyone in any doubt about use of the Trademark, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TCUGB will treat member details with Confidentiality, and do not engage in direct marketing.
TCUGB will not sell member details to others.
Handling payments: When members use Paypal to complete transactions via the TCUGB website, Paypal is responsible for handling the financial transaction.
When payment is made directly to TCUGB (e.g. bank transfer), TCUGB abides by its confidentiality and security policy at all times.
Technical Data Handling:
Security – TCUGB uses a variety of technical and organisational measures to keep members information safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, use, or disclosure of it. However no information transfer over the internet is guaranteed 100% secure nor is any storage of information always 100% secure. TCUGB do take appropriate steps to protect the security of your personal information.
Cookies – the website uses ‘cookies’ to keep track of your visit and help you navigate between sections. A cookie is a small data file that certain websites store on your computer’s hard drive when you visit such sites. The cookie contains information such as your user ID and the pages you visit. The only information a cookie contains is information you allow. You may refuse to accept cookies, and it is possible to change some browser settings.
Log files – in common with most websites, www.taichiunion.com logs various information about visitors, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring/exit pages and date/time stamp. We may use this information to analyse trends, administer the site, track your movement around the site and gather broad demographic information.
Request for data: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Data Storage: the website uses wordpress and associated plugins on third party sites. Articles may contain embedded content (e.g. videos) – which may also collect data – like cookies and are not part of TCUGB data collection.
For further information on where we send your data, please contact: email@example.com
Technical Deletion processes: the webmaster is responsible for updating data and routine deletions of website data and administration.
All data (web and email) is deleted after 7 years.
For any further technical data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org